Table of Contents
Last Updated on: 17th June 2023, 06:12 pm
Are you curious about washing beanies in the washing machine? Well, keep on reading this article because we have the answer for you.
Beanies are a popular winter accessory for almost everyone. You will not only be warm, but you will also have the opportunity to look stylish. However, due to frequent use, your beanie has most likely accumulated a lot of dirt, sweat, and other grime. You might be thinking of safe ways to wash your beanie.
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.|
The important question arises; can you wash your beanies in the washing machine? Yes, you can wash your beanies in the washing machine. Beanies made from polyester, cotton, and wool is machine washable. You can also wash your beanies by hand.
Why do beanies need washing?
You might think how filthy can they get? Natural oils, dead skin cells, air pollution, and dirt from your gloves will come in contact with your beanie while adjusting it, making your beanie filthy. So, washing them properly is very important.
Methods to wash your beanie
You can wash your beanies both in the washing machine and by hand. Below are the methods and tips to wash your beanies.
By Washing Machine
Place your beanie in a mesh laundry bag. If you don’t have a wash bag, you need to find an alternative. Since you can wash pillows in the washing machine by removing the pillow covers, use the pillow covers to wash your beanies. Put the beanie in a pillowcase. Just make sure the pillowcase is knotted at the top before putting it in the machine.
- 5 CYCLE SELECTION
- IMPRESSIVE FUNCTIONALITY
- STAINLESS STEEL TUB
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- EASY TO OPERATE
- Easy to Use
- Space saving
- Extremely Energy Saving
- Child Lock Functionality
- Delay Start & Reloading
- Perfect for apartments and small houses
- Good for drying baby's clothes and delicates
- Multiple wash modes: Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak
- Transparent lid design
- A compact design washing
Add detergent to the washing machine. Use a mild washing setting. Too high a setting could cause your hats to lose their shape. Accept settings that are within the scope of hand washing.
The temperature should not be higher than 30̊ C avoid using hot water because it will cause your beanies to shrink.
Reshape your beanie while it’s still damp. To preserve its shape, you can pack it with a few supermarket bags on the interior.
Allow your beanies to air dry naturally.
The best way to wash a beanie cap is to hand wash it. This is the gentlest way available, and it will ensure that the delicate yarn is not injured. Here are the steps:
- Partially fill a sink or a tub with lukewarm water.
- Add a detergent to the water. Mix the detergent in the water to make it completely dispersed.
- Soak the beanie in soapy water for 5 to 10 minutes. Gently squeeze the beanie a few times so that it can absorb the soapy water. This squeezing will allow 98% of the dirt to come out. If there is any spot on your beanie make sure to rub it with the detergent mixed water.
- Rinse your beanie 2 to 3 times with clean water.
- Squeeze the wet beanie into a loose ball with your hands and gently press it against the side of the sink or bucket. Don’t wring it out, as this can ruin the shape and flexibility of your beanie.
- Place a clean towel across a flat surface and lay the beanie flat on top of it. Begin winding the towel and beanie together in a tight coil. When the towel is entirely wrapped up, press down firmly on it to absorb extra water from the beanie. Remove the beanie and unroll the towel.
- Lay the hat flat in a well-ventilated area to dry entirely.
- Activated Baking Soda To Help Eliminate Odors
- Tough on Stains
- Great Everyday Value
- Leaves Laundry Smelling Fresh
- Scent: Alpine Clean
- Freshlock. 1 scoop. 2 weeks of freshness.
- 6 weeks of freshness from wash until wear.
- Regular and HE Washer compatible.
- Like any household detergent, keep away from children.
Beanies are a hit with everyone, and they’re even better when they’re clean. After all, it isn’t rocket science to wash your beanie. You can do it like an expert. Make sure not to overstretch your hat by pressing too hard on it. Also, avoid using hot water in the washing machine or otherwise because it will cause your beanie to lose its flexibility.