Table of Contents
Last Updated on: 2nd July 2023, 03:16 pm
Most washing machines didn’t have a built-in dryer up until a few years ago, so you must have seen separate dryers in most households. However, the latest washing machines come with built-in dryers now. So you can say that almost every new washing machine has a dryer.
Are you planning on buying a washing machine or a dryer? That’s why you probably want to know whether or not every washing machine has a dryer.
Gone are the days when you had to buy a washing machine and a separate dryer. But, of course, it also depends on your budget; everyone wants to choose the best washing machines for the apartment without breaking the bank.
Drying is an important part of your laundry work. Some people like to buy a separate dryer. Even though most of the latest washing machines do have built-in dryers, it doesn’t mean every washing machine has a dryer.
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You could find several latest washing machines without dryers. However, most washing machine buyers would prefer a washer with a built-in dryer, especially when you have an indoor laundry area.
Choosing a separate dryer or a washer and dryer combo also depends on the workload and it may vary from household to household.
Let’s briefly look at the pros and cons of the washer-dryer combo and separate dryers.
Washer Dryer Combo
Washer and dryer combos serve as a good solution to small household laundry. Washer-dryer combos come with almost all the features offered by separate washers and dryers.
Washer and dryer combos are more famous nowadays as they are more energy-efficient and have advanced technology features.
- 5 CYCLE SELECTION
- IMPRESSIVE FUNCTIONALITY
- STAINLESS STEEL TUB
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- EASY TO OPERATE
- Easy to Use
- Space saving
- Extremely Energy Saving
- Child Lock Functionality
- Delay Start & Reloading
- Perfect for apartments and small houses
- Good for drying baby's clothes and delicates
- Multiple wash modes: Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak
- Transparent lid design
- A compact design washing
- Takes less space ( 1 machine ) as compared to two separate machines
- Both washing and drying can be done automatically without manual intervention
- Washing and drying can be done independently in a washer-dryer combo
- Have the latest technology features to give maximum positive results of drying
- Only half of the clothes can be dried and then washed
- Longer time is required for multiple loads of laundry
- Are complex to use and expensive
- Some of them use heat instead of water for drying
- Considering their dimensions and size, some combos are difficult to fit in a small space
Separate dryers were most common in the past time as they are a famous source of drying a bulk of clothes in just a single load. The most important feature was their quick-drying, easy-to-use features, and affordability.
- This compact dryer (23.6” x 21.5” x 27.5”) is ideal for smaller spaces and apartments.
- Pick from different drying modes to best suit your needs: Air Dry, Cool, Warm & Hot.
- Our portable dryer comes with a 4” diameter vent hose & exhaust connector, lint & exhaust filters.
- Drying times with this outstanding compact dryer vary from 30 minutes to 200 minutes.
- This portable dryer is your top solution for drying sheets, towels, clothes, and other everyday items.
- The weight of this clothes dryer is only 47 lbs, and the small size makes it portable.
- The design of the stainless steel tub makes this clothes dryer more durable.
- The noise of this clothes dryer is minimal.
- Set the time length or different mode for drying: Cool (0-20mins): Low temp dry, Warm(30-120mins): dry and cool cloth, Anti-wrinkle, Hot (120-200min).
- With 1500W power and 13 lbs large capacity, this clothes dryer can ensure your clothes dry quickly.
- 2.6 cubic foot capacity fits up to 9 lbs. of clothes per load
- The Avanti compact dryer is perfect for apartments, condos, vacation homes, RVs, or any small laundry space.
- Includes front control panel, auto dry / timed dry settings, air dry (fabric refresh), anti-wrinkle, front load window, and multiple installation options
- This portable compact dryer uses a standard 120-volt outlet..
- Specs of the dryer are 27.5" H x 23.75" W x 18.75" D, 2.6 cu. ft. capacity, 49lbs, 110 volts/60 Hz
- They are cheap and affordable
- Can dry a large bulk of laundry in a single load
- Occupy less space and are easy to use
- Requires manual intervention
- Uses more water and is less energy efficient
- Lacks the features of advanced drying
Washer Dryer Combo vs. Separate Dryer: Which is Better?
Choosing between a washer-dryer combo or a separate dryer is completely a personal choice depending on your needs and other factors.
This factor indicates a load of your clothes whether you have a large bulk of clothes or you have a family with a small or less load of clothes. If your demand is less, you can simply go with a washer and dryer combo but in case of more clothes, a separate dryer works best.
Space is the second important factor in this regard. Whether you have space in your house for a washing machine and a dryer or a combo determines the purchase of your laundry machines.
When it comes to using advanced features, a washer-dryer combo can be your favorite as compared to a separate dryer as it comes with advanced drying features that use a heated system instead of water for drying.
Time is an important factor that depends on your specific requirements. If you want quick washing and drying then a separate dryer is the best option for you.
What’s the takeaway?
As you have discussed that both washer-dryer combos and separate washer/dryer have their pros and cons, it comes down to what suits you the best.
Separate washing machines and dryers are ideal for households, apartments, and Airbnb where you have some room for all this.
Washer/dryer combos work best for people who want quick drying and they have limited room.
Both types of washing machines work well, and it essentially comes down to your situation, budget, and need – these things will help you determine which one is best for you.