Last Updated on: 17th April 2022, 08:40 pm
Are you planning on buying a washing machine or a dryer? You might want to know whether or not every washing machine has a dryer.
Most of the washing machines didn’t have a built-in dryer up until a few years ago, so you must have seen separate dryers in most households. However, the latest washing machines come with built-in dryers now.
But, of course, it also depends on your budget; everyone wants to choose the best washing machines for the apartment without breaking the bank.
Drying is an important part of your laundry work. Some people like to buy a separate dryer. Even though most of the latest washing machines do have built-in dryers, but it doesn’t mean every washing machine has a dryer.
A separate dryer or a washer dryer combo also depends on the workload. Let’s briefly look at the pros and cons of the washer dryer combo and separate dryers.
Washer Dryer Combo
Washer dryer combos serve as a good solution to small household laundry. Washer dryer combos come with almost all the features offered by separate washers and dryers.
Washer dryer combos are more famous nowadays as they are more energy-efficient and have advanced technology features.
- Takes less space ( 1 machine ) as compared to two separate machines
- Both washing and drying can be done automatically without manual intervention
- Washing and drying can be done independently in a washer dryer combo
- Have the latest technology features to give maximum positive results of drying
- Only half clothes can be dried then washed
- Longer time is required for multiple loads of laundry
- Are complex to use and expensive
- Some of them use heat instead of water for drying
- Considering their dimensions and size, some combos are difficult to fit in a small space
Separate dryers were most common during the past time as they are a famous source of drying a bulk of clothes in just a single load. The most important feature was their quick-drying, easy-to-use features, and affordability.
- They are cheap and affordable
- Can dry a large bulk of laundry in a single load
- Occupy less space and are easy to use
- Requires manual intervention
- Uses more water and is less energy efficient
- Lacks the features of advanced drying
Washer Dryer Combo vs. Separate Dryer: Which is Better?
Choosing between a washer dryer combo or a separate dryer is completely a personal choice depending on your needs and other factors.
This factor indicates a load of your clothes whether you have a large bulk of clothes or you have a family with a small or less load of clothes. If your demand is less, you can simply go with a washer dryer combo but in case of more clothes, a separate dryer works best.
Space is the second important factor in this regard. Either you have space in your house for a washing machine and a dryer or a combo determines the purchase of your laundry machines.
When it comes to using advanced features, a washer dryer combo can be your favorite as compared to a separate dryer as it comes with advanced drying features that use a heated system instead of water for drying.
Time is an important factor that depends on your specific requirements. If you want quick washing and drying then a separate dryer is the best option for you.
What’s the takeaway?
As you have discussed that both washer dryer combos and separate washer/dryer have their pros and cons, it comes down to what suits you the best.
Separate washing machines and dryers are ideal for households, apartments, and Airbnbs where you have some room for all this.
Washer/dryer combos work best for people who want quick drying and they have limited room.
Both types of washing machines work well, and it essentially comes down to your situation, budget, and need – these things will help you determine which one is best for you.