Table of Contents
Last Updated on: 15th June 2023, 03:56 pm
Are you wondering whether or not your detergent kills bacteria? Well, we’re going to discuss what needs to be done to minimize the bacteria in the clothes.
Washing our clothes with the best-smelling detergent brightens them up but is it enough these days? These days many germs are in our environment. So, is your washing detergent sufficient to kill these bacteria and germs?
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.|
After washing your clothes with the detergent, you might think they are 100% bacteria-free. Unfortunately, regular detergents are not enough to kill the bacteria as they can leave germs when washed in cold water. It doesn’t matter even if you’re using one of the best washing machines for apartments.
- 5 CYCLE SELECTION
- IMPRESSIVE FUNCTIONALITY
- STAINLESS STEEL TUB
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- EASY TO OPERATE
- Easy to Use
- Space saving
- Extremely Energy Saving
- Child Lock Functionality
- Delay Start & Reloading
- Perfect for apartments and small houses
- Good for drying baby's clothes and delicates
- Multiple wash modes: Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak
- Transparent lid design
- A compact design washing
Can bacteria survive in a washing machine?
Yes, bacteria can survive in the washing machine. But without proper treatment, they can also increase in number. Their number can be reduced by the use of clothes sanitizers along with detergent.
How to kill the bacteria
High temperature, good detergent, and a good wash play an important role in killing all the bacteria on our clothes. Let’s take a look at the common ways to fight bacteria:
Wash at a high temperature
If you are washing with your detergent alone, make sure to use high-temperature water of about 40 to 60̊ C. This temperature is recommended to kill the bacteria lingering in your laundry.
But remember that washing your clothes at a high temperature may cause damage to the color as well as the fibers in your clothes. So the use of a good laundry sanitizer is necessary to keep the appearance of your clothes.
Use a good detergent
Washing your clothes with a good detergent is extremely important, as effective detergents can sanitize your clothes and kill 99% of the bacteria. It’s also important to know how much detergent you should use.
- Activated Baking Soda To Help Eliminate Odors
- Tough on Stains
- Great Everyday Value
- Leaves Laundry Smelling Fresh
- Scent: Alpine Clean
- Freshlock. 1 scoop. 2 weeks of freshness.
- 6 weeks of freshness from wash until wear.
- Regular and HE Washer compatible.
- Like any household detergent, keep away from children.
Add clothes sanitizer along with laundry detergent
Laundry sanitizer is a must-have if you want to ensure that bacteria in your laundry are thoroughly killed. 100% cleaning can be accomplished by adding clothes sanitizer and without a hot washing cycle.
Separate your clothes
By using separate laundry baskets and washing loads, you can avoid cross-contamination and ensure that all of your goods receive the care they require. Bathroom towels have different types of bacteria than kitchen towels. So, every piece of clothing needs unique care.
Using bleach to disinfect laundry
Bleach is an excellent approach to eliminating bacteria and preventing infections from spreading. But be cautious when using bleach on colored clothes because it can damage the color of your fabrics. Bleach will also kill 99.9% of the bacteria effectively.
Does the dryer kill the bacteria?
If a dryer gets hot enough, it can kill the majority of bacteria. The minimum temperature at which a dryer can effectively minimize the number of bacteria and viruses on your clothes is 135 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, the most effective technique to eliminate bacteria and viruses is to dry them at 135̊ F for at least 28 minutes.
- This compact dryer (23.6” x 21.5” x 27.5”) is ideal for smaller spaces and apartments.
- Pick from different drying modes to best suit your needs: Air Dry, Cool, Warm & Hot.
- Our portable dryer comes with a 4” diameter vent hose & exhaust connector, lint & exhaust filters.
- Drying times with this outstanding compact dryer vary from 30 minutes to 200 minutes.
- This portable dryer is your top solution for drying sheets, towels, clothes, and other everyday items.
- The weight of this clothes dryer is only 47 lbs, and the small size makes it portable.
- The design of the stainless steel tub makes this clothes dryer more durable.
- The noise of this clothes dryer is minimal.
- Set the time length or different mode for drying: Cool (0-20mins): Low temp dry, Warm(30-120mins): dry and cool cloth, Anti-wrinkle, Hot (120-200min).
- With 1500W power and 13 lbs large capacity, this clothes dryer can ensure your clothes dry quickly.
- 2.6 cubic foot capacity fits up to 9 lbs. of clothes per load
- The Avanti compact dryer is perfect for apartments, condos, vacation homes, RVs, or any small laundry space.
- Includes front control panel, auto dry / timed dry settings, air dry (fabric refresh), anti-wrinkle, front load window, and multiple installation options
- This portable compact dryer uses a standard 120-volt outlet..
- Specs of the dryer are 27.5" H x 23.75" W x 18.75" D, 2.6 cu. ft. capacity, 49lbs, 110 volts/60 Hz
Does vinegar kill bacteria?
Acetic acid, a component of vinegar, can kill viruses and bacteria, allowing them to be readily rinsed away during the cleaning process. A half-cup of vinegar can be used as a cleaner and deodorizer, eliminating bacteria while keeping the color bright and the fabric soft.
Disinfecting your laundry is a good idea from time to time, especially during the corona season and the season of cold and flu. If someone in your household has been sick, use one of these methods to disinfect your clothing. This process may help prevent the infection from spreading to other members of the family or even friends outside the home.
In these frightening times, it’s comforting to know that there are additional precautions we can take to protect our families from diseases both inside and outside the home. Sanitizing your clothes is simple, quick, and inexpensive, so don’t skip it the next time you do laundry. Also, cover your washing machine after the wash; it keeps the dirt off your washer.