Table of Contents
Last Updated on: 17th July 2023, 04:12 pm
Are you curious whether or not you can wash a pair of shoes in the washing machine? Several types of shoes can be washed in the washing machine. However, you can’t wash all types of shoes in the washer.
A pair of shoes is an essential fashion and dressing accessory. However, all types of shoes can’t be washed. So pay close attention to this blog post. We might be able to help you out with washing your shoes in the washing machine.
So can a washing machine wash your shoes? The short answer is yes; you can wash your shoes in the washing machine and bring them back to life.
Whether you wear sneakers, athletic shoes, tennis shoes, sandals, boots, or leather shoes, you always want to keep them clean and shining. The shine does fade away after using them 3 to 4 times. Your shoes look good on you and you want to revive them for future use.
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.|
However, before you throw your shoes in the washing machine, remember that shoes made up of cotton, polyester, and nylon can withstand a washing machine wash, but shoes made up of leather, satin, or silk should not be washed in the washing machine whatsoever.
Tools/Products required to clean up the shoes:
- Washing machine
- Laundry bags
- Old toothbrush
- Old cloth
Steps of washing shoes in the washing machine
The process of washing your shoes in the washing machine may not seem difficult, but it’s vital to know every step. You can’t just take your shoes off and throw them in the washing machine. Here’s the step-by-step guide to washing shoes in the washing machine:
Step 1: Prepare your arsenal
A washing machine is your best bet to remove stains and grime. More assistance is required for heavily stained shoes with layers of dirt and mud. To remove the excess filth and mud, an old toothbrush is preferable. You can also use an old towel to rub off the excess dirt from your shoes.
- Lavender, lilac, and jasmine fragrances are combined.
- Subtle fruity tones let the strong floral scents shine.
- Bottle made from 25% or more recycled plastic.
- Part of the Soothing Sensations collection
- Made with 100% orange oil
- Can wash away stains and odor
- Food-grade orange oil is safe for the skin
- The laundry detergent is chemical-free.
- Dermatologically tested and USDA certified.
- Whiter and brighter fabrics after one wash
- Part of the Tide Plus Collection
- Specially designed for HE washing machines
- Item Form: Liquid
- Scent: OXI
- Unit Count: 150 Fl Oz
Step 2: Remove laces
It is a good idea to remove your laces and insoles from your shoes and wash them separately. Separately place your shoes and laces in a laundry bag. An empty pillowcase can be used if you don’t have a laundry bag. You should know that you can wash pillows in the washing machine, but you have to remove the pillowcases before the wash.
Anyway, if you have tried washing your shoes before in a washing machine, you know how noisy it can be, so don’t forget to put in old towels. These towels will act as a barrier, preventing your shoes from slamming into the drum throughout the washing process.
- 5 CYCLE SELECTION
- IMPRESSIVE FUNCTIONALITY
- STAINLESS STEEL TUB
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- EASY TO OPERATE
- Easy to Use
- Space saving
- Extremely Energy Saving
- Child Lock Functionality
- Delay Start & Reloading
- Perfect for apartments and small houses
- Good for drying baby's clothes and delicates
- Multiple wash modes: Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak
- Transparent lid design
- A compact design washing
Step 3: Washing the shoes
Since you’re washing shoes in the washing machine, make sure you know every step of the process. Once the laces are removed, start with the wash. Use liquid detergent and cold water to avoid your shoes’ colors from fading. If at all feasible, select a cycle with a low spin speed. Low spin speeds will assist in keeping your washer balanced.
Step 4: Air drying
Remove your shoes and laces from the laundry bags once the wash cycle is over and allow them to air dry. Air-drying your shoes instead of drying them in a dryer is an excellent option.
- PERFECT SIZE
- PREMIUM MATERIAL
- EASY TO USE
- With wings elements for the drying of long laundry items
- Drying length 21.87 yard
- Includes 2 hangers for small items,
- 5 wind-proof coat hangers
- Laundry pin bag and waved clothes hanger bar
- Material: Metal
- Organize your clothes beautifully
- Stylish storage space
- Hanging space with two bar ends
- 16 hanging and folded items
- D: 22.44 x H: 74.80 x W: 23.86 inches
To absorb excess moisture and help your shoes hold their shape while they dry, fill them with clean rags or paper towels. Place your shoes in a sunny, dry spot where they get plenty of air and sunshine. It would make the drying process faster.
Bonus tip: Disinfect them
Use a disinfectant at the start of the shoe-washing cycle to prevent any fungal infections like athlete’s foot.
How to get rid of the bad odor
No one likes smelly shoes or socks. If you’re sure your socks are fine and the pair of shoes are the culprit, then this section is going to help you. It’s easier than most people think to get rid of a bad odor in your shoes. Use the following suggestions to turn things around for you:
- The insole should be cleaned. Remove the soles and wash them with dishwashing solutions or detergent.
- Allow the soles to air dry before reinstalling them in the shoes.
- Using plenty of bicarbonate, sift the insides of the shoes. Vacuum or shake out the next morning after leaving overnight. The bicarbonate draws moisture while also neutralizing unpleasant odors.
- You can purchase specific silica balls that eliminate the musty odor.
- If your old soles can no longer be refreshed, replace them with a new pair of fresh ones.
- MULTIPLE FRAGRANCES
- A MODERN FRAGRANCE EXPERIENCE
- 45 DAYS FRAGRANCE PERIOD
- VARIETY: SEVERAL PREMIUM TYPES
- PORTABLE AND CORDLESS DESIGN
Can I dry my shoes in the dryer?
I know drying your shoes in the dryer seems like the fastest method, but it may not turn out to be the best decision.
High temperatures can harm the glue that keeps them together and certain fabrics or fashion accessories may shrink as a result. You probably know washing machines can shrink clothes. Using the dryer on your shoes can permanently deform them, affecting their fit and function.
The best way is to thoroughly dry your shoes, choose a cool, well-ventilated area and allow them to air dry. However, you can use a ceiling or pedestal fan if available.
- This compact dryer (23.6” x 21.5” x 27.5”) is ideal for smaller spaces and apartments.
- Pick from different drying modes to best suit your needs: Air Dry, Cool, Warm & Hot.
- Our portable dryer comes with a 4” diameter vent hose & exhaust connector, lint & exhaust filters.
- Drying times with this outstanding compact dryer vary from 30 minutes to 200 minutes.
- This portable dryer is your top solution for drying sheets, towels, clothes, and other everyday items.
- The weight of this clothes dryer is only 47 lbs, and the small size makes it portable.
- The design of the stainless steel tub makes this clothes dryer more durable.
- The noise of this clothes dryer is minimal.
- Set the time length or different mode for drying: Cool (0-20mins): Low temp dry, Warm(30-120mins): dry and cool cloth, Anti-wrinkle, Hot (120-200min).
- With 1500W power and 13 lbs large capacity, this clothes dryer can ensure your clothes dry quickly.
- 2.6 cubic foot capacity fits up to 9 lbs. of clothes per load
- The Avanti compact dryer is perfect for apartments, condos, vacation homes, RVs, or any small laundry space.
- Includes front control panel, auto dry / timed dry settings, air dry (fabric refresh), anti-wrinkle, front load window, and multiple installation options
- This portable compact dryer uses a standard 120-volt outlet..
- Specs of the dryer are 27.5" H x 23.75" W x 18.75" D, 2.6 cu. ft. capacity, 49lbs, 110 volts/60 Hz
Once your pair of shoes is dried, replace the insoles in your shoes and re-tie the laces.
Whatever your strangest shoe stain is, these incredibly simple washing instructions can assist you to clean your shoes.