Table of Contents
Last Updated on: 2nd July 2023, 03:07 pm
Are you curious about keeping your washing machine clean? This article will uncover several tips on how to keep your washing machine clean.
Before we get to the tips and tricks on keeping your washing machine clean, let’s admit that it’s essential to clean and service every type of machine now and then.
Since cleaning is an important part of your life, it’s essential to take care of washing machines. We do dishes, dusting, walls, and cars, so washing machines are no exceptions — you got to keep your washing machines in good shape.
You won’t want dirt, bacteria, soap, detergent, and mildew sitting inside the washing machine. If you leave it unclean, it will begin to smell and get rusty as well, especially if it’s an indoor laundry room in the apartment.
|Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.|
Look, if you have spent money on a washing machine, then you got to take care of it. I’m going to give you some tips on how to keep your washing machine clean at home so that you don’t run into washing machine problems.
8 Tips to Keep Your Washing Machine Clean
Here we go:
1. Use less detergent
Modern washing powders have advanced washing formulas and detergent properties for removing stains on your clothes. Prefer using less amount of detergent for your laundry.
- Lavender, lilac, and jasmine fragrances are combined.
- Subtle fruity tones let the strong floral scents shine.
- Bottle made from 25% or more recycled plastic.
- Part of the Soothing Sensations collection
- Made with 100% orange oil
- Can wash away stains and odor
- Food-grade orange oil is safe for the skin
- The laundry detergent is chemical-free.
- Dermatologically tested and USDA certified.
- Whiter and brighter fabrics after one wash
- Part of the Tide Plus Collection
- Specially designed for HE washing machines
- Item Form: Liquid
- Scent: OXI
- Unit Count: 150 Fl Oz
2. Clean the filter
It’s super important to clean the washing machine filter once in a while. Otherwise, it might start to affect the washing machine’s performance.
Every washing machine has a filter on the drain pump that is most often detachable. Make a habit of cleaning this filter once a week.
- LARGE 40 G CLEANING TABLETS
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH
- FRONT LOADING OR TOP LOADER
- NO COLOR DYES
- ECO-FRIENDLY TABLET
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
3. Run an empty hot cycle
Many modern washing machines and detergents are very effective in removing dirt from clothes at a relatively low temperature. But this thing ultimately leaves dirt to build up inside the machine.
Running an empty hot water cycle once a month in your washing machine can keep your washing machine clean. The old washing machine models have had both hot and cold water inputs. However, the latest washing machines only require a cold water connection.
4. Remove the detergent tray
A detergent tray is the dirtiest part of your washing machine. For cleaning it, first, you need to turn off your washing machine and then pull out the detergent tray. Don’t apply too much force; it may not detach in some washing machines.
You can read instructions in the user manual for cleaning it. The best way can be the use of a toothbrush to scrub and clean its all nooks properly.
5. Check for an advanced cleaning mode
Some washing machines come with an advanced cleaning mode. You can simply use that mode for keeping your washing machine clean. Instructions about that cleaning mode are given in the handbook of your washing machine.
The Samsung washing machines have an eco tub clean mode for cleaning the drum. Look out for such features in your washing machine.
- STEAM WASH STAIN REMOVAL
- SUPER SPEED WASHING
- VIBRATION REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY+
- SMART CARE
- SELF CLEAN
- DIAMOND DRUM INTERIOR
- ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED
- ONE MACHINE, TWO WASHERS
- LAUNDRY JUST GOT SMARTER
- SUPER SPEED WASHING
- CONTROL with Wi-Fi
- FIT MORE FOR FEWER LOADS
- GENTLY REMOVE STAINS
- Product Dimensions: 27"W x 46 15/16"H x 32 1/2"D
- ONE MACHINE, TWO DRYERS
- GENTLE CARE FOR DELICATES
- LAUNDRY JUST GOT SMARTER
- SUPER SPEED DRYING
- CONTROL with Wi-Fi
6. Leave the door ajar
After every wash, you should leave the detergent dispenser tray and the door of the washing machine slightly ajar to let the air circulate and help in preventing the build-up of smell in the washing machine. This also helps to keep your washing machine dry.
7. Clean the exterior
You should regularly (once a week) clean the exterior of your washing machine with a damp cloth. This prevents the clogging of any dirt or detergent on the outer surface.
8. Remove the load quickly after washing
Remove a load of your clothes immediately after you have finished washing them. This will prevent any smell or mist to build upon your clothes. This will keep your clothes freshly washed and clean.
Bonus tip: One of the easiest ways to keep your washing machine clean is to place it or reinstall it in a safe and clean location at home. You may want to move your washing machine upstairs or downstairs for this.
How to clean a front-loading washing machine
Follow the following useful steps :
- Run an empty hot water cycle to remove any build-up dirt and detergent.
- Wash using a detergent or bleach on a 40-degree wash cycle to remove any foul odors.
- Remove the detergent tray or drawer and clean it properly using a toothbrush or soak it in a sink or a hot water tub.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe out any dirt in the hole of the detergent tray and also pull back the rubber seal from the door to clean all the scum from underneath.
- 5 CYCLE SELECTION
- IMPRESSIVE FUNCTIONALITY
- STAINLESS STEEL TUB
- DESIGNED FOR MOBILITY
- EASY TO OPERATE
- Easy to Use
- Space saving
- Extremely Energy Saving
- Child Lock Functionality
- Delay Start & Reloading
- Perfect for apartments and small houses
- Good for drying baby's clothes and delicates
- Multiple wash modes: Heavy, Soft, Normal, Rapid, and Soak
- Transparent lid design
- A compact design washing
How to clean a top-loading washing machine
To clean a top-loading washing machine, follow the following simple steps:
- Run an empty hot water cycle to remove any build-up dirt or detergent inside it.
- Run a second hot wash cycle for 30 seconds using a washing machine cleaner to remove any kind of smell and let it rest for almost 30 minutes after the wash.
- If you still find any detergent and dirt inside the washing machine, you can use a damp cloth and manually clean the interior of the washing machine. The eco tub clean does help in cleansing the washing machine drum, though.
Since you have gone through the tips on how to keep your washing machine clean, now you could increase its life span.
- A zipped cover for dust protection
- It is dustproof and stain resistant
- This cover significantly is easy to clean
- Zipper closure makes it convenient to use
- Thicken PEVA material is sturdy, durable, and waterproof
Keep your washing machine covered if it’s outside and don’t forget to clean your washing machine at least once a month.
All the best.